And this is my power: to not let them take me. Not me.
buffyverse meme | character centric episodes → the magic bullet
Top Twenty Buffyverse Characters (in no particular order) | Winifred Burkle
“Can I say somethin’ about destiny? Screw destiny! If this evil thing comes, we’ll fight it and we’ll keep fightin’ it until we whup it. ‘Cause destiny is just another word for inevitable, and nothing’s inevitable as long as you stand up, look it in the eye, and say, ‘You’re evitable!’”
Haven’t watched Angel for about 3 years and the episodes I choose to get me back into it are ‘You’re Welcome’, ‘Smile Time’ and ‘A Hole in the World’/’Shells’.
I can’t cope with the emotions!
Well, they say nothing grows
‘Til the oak has hit the ground
So let’s clear the way, my boys
And let the giant come crashing down
i still don’t know why this isn’t the most talked about thing on the internet still
Tired of waiting for the next episode/movie/book of your favourite Joss Whedon-run obsession? Here’s a handy guide to creating your own!
1. First, make sure you have all the necessary characters. You should have, at minimum:
someone in a long coat
someone with a British accent
a small female who can beat Chuck Norris in single combat
more awesome females
someone adorable and socially awkward*
a Badass Bookworm
* ‘socially awkward’ should apply to all your characters; this one should just have the most of it
You can have multiples of any of these characters, or have one character who fits multiple roles. If this is a live-action production, select your actors from the Joss Whedon Actors Catalogue.
2. Do any of the characters have parents who aren’t abusive or absent? If the answer is yes, remedy the oversight.
3. Are any of the characters in happy, stable relationships? If the answer is yes, fix it. (Note: step 12 may help with this.)
4. Pick a noun at random. Now verb your noun. Take a verb and add a ‘y’. It is now an adjective.
6. Select any female character. Make it look like she’s In Distress. Have her kick ass.
7. Snark again.
8. Have someone be adorably awkward.
9. Wanna cuss, but are hampered by the censors? No problem! Pick another language (Chinese, Shakespearean, British…) and cuss in that. They’ll never figure it out.
10. Go over your draft thus far. Add more dry wit. No, dryer. Also sprinkle pop culture references liberally.
11. Make everyone happy to set up for…
12. What’s your favourite character? Kill them in the most painful way possible.
13. Do some more snarking to make your audience laugh through their tears.
14. Grr. Aargh.
okay i’m pretty sure frangel and fragile start with fra for a reason
I am not - I am not the damsel in distress.
I am not some case. I have to work this.
I lived in a cave for five years in a world where they killed my kind like cattle.
I am not going to be cut down by some monster flu.
I am better than that!